Learning through movement is a magical recipe for active educational experiences. We acted out types of weather through yoga poses. Could you match the definition with the photo?
- Sunny: (Extended Mountain Pose) Stand tall in Mountain Pose, inhale, look up, take your arms straight up to the sky, and say hello to the sun.
- Windy: (Tree Pose) Stand on one leg and balance. Sway like a tree in the wind.
- Lightning: (Chair Pose) Stand tall, bend your knees and hold your hands up in front of you pretending to be a lightning bolt.
- Rainy: (Standing Forward Bend) From Mountain Pose, bend your upper body. Pretend your arms are falling raindrops.
- Snowy: (Child’s Pose) Sit on your heels and bring your forehead down to rest on the floor in front of your knees. Pretend to be a snowflake falling from the sky.
- Cloudy: (Easy Pose) Sit cross-legged and rest your palms on your knees. Close your eyes. Imagine being a cloud floating across the sky. Take a deep breath and tell me what can you see.